The Aligarh Muslim University has released the application form on 1st of February 2019. AMU that is the Aligarh Muslim University is a centralised University located in the Aligarh district, Uttar Pradesh. The application form is released for the admission in various courses like BTech, B Arch, BCom Honours , BSc, B.Ed , BA , LLB , MBA, etc. There are many students who compete for the admissions in this university as a result of which the AMU conducts an entrance examination to select the desired and academically good students. the level of the examination is easier as compared to the JEE advanced and JEE mains for BTech. And the students wanting to get admitted into the MBBS or BDS course in this institution then they would have to qualify the Neet examination which is conducted by the NTA.in this article you will come across the admission procedure details of application form, eligibility criteria , examination pattern and everything that is associated with getting admission in this university.
AMU Examination Date 2019
|Courses||Last date for the submission of application form||Examination date that is announced by the AMU officials|
|B.tech/ B. Arch||3rd week of February 2019||April 28 2019|
|B. Sc / B. Com Hons./ B. A hons.||4th week of February 2019||April 7 2019|
|BA LLB/ B.ED||3rd week of February 2019||May 26 2019|
|MBA/ PG diploma in Islamic banking and finance||3rd week of February 2019||May 26 2019|
|Diploma in Engineering||4th week of February||April 21 2019|
the examination dates mention in the table is has released by the AMU officials where as the last date of filling the examination form or the application form is the most probable date as researched by us.
AMU Application Form 2019
As described earlier the notification for the admissions in the Aligarh Muslim University has already been released by the officials. The form filling has already been started from February 1st 2019 by online mode only.
The detailed steps to fill the application form are mentioned below.
First of all the student is required to register to their official website, after registration the student must fill all the details that are asked by the website. Then the photos of the student his signature and the left thumb impression for male and right thumb impression for female are to be uploaded to their website. After the complete form filling The applicant is required to take the printout of the application form on A4 size paper. After taking out the printout the student has to affix the photograph and put the thumb impression and signature at the designated spaces. All the relevant documents are to be attached and then submitted by speed post or registered post.
Payment of the Application Fee
The payment for the AMU entrance examination will be paid through online mode by net banking or debit credit card. The Other payment option is the didi that should be drawn in favour of the finance officer of the Aligarh Muslim University payable at Aligarh. Payment can also be made through Bank challan of ICICI Bank order Canara Bank.
|B.tech/ B. Arch||550|
|B. Sc / B. Com Hons./ B. A hons.||350|
|BA LLB/ B.ED||550|
|MBA/ PG diploma in Islamic banking and finance||550|
AMU Eligibility Criteria 2019
The details of the eligibility criteria of various courses are mentioned below the students may refer to the table provided below to get the information about the eligibility criteria.
|B.tech/ B. Arch||Standard 12th arts diploma in Engineering or equivalent examination with physics chemistry mathematics and English subjects. Minimum 50% marks in the qualifying examination|
|Mtech||BTech degree or equivalent degree in the relevant stream with minimum percentage of 60 in aggregate.|
|BA LLB||10 + 2 or equivalent exam with minimum marks of 50 percentage. Age should not be more than 22 years as on 1st July 2019.|
|MBA||50% aggregate marks minimum in the bachelorette degree in any stream|
AMU Examination Pattern 2019
The examination pattern is different for the BTech students and MBA students. Examination pattern for both are mentioned below.
Examination pattern for B.Tech students.
- The mode of the examination will be offline mode.
- The language of the question paper will be strictly English.
- multiple choice questions will be asked in the question paper with one option correct type.
- There will be total of 150 questions in the question paper.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer there will be no negative marking.
- Physics chemistry and mathematics will it be 50 questions of length and the total will be Hundred and Fifty questions.
Examination pattern for MBA 2019
- the mode of the examination will be offline mode conducted through pen and paper based examination
- Single option correct type questions will be asked in the examination
- The duration will be 3 hours long
- The language will strictly be English
- The total number of questions will be 200
- The marking scheme as provided by the AMU is that one mark will be awarded for each correct answer and zero marks for un attempted and incorrect answers.
There will be a total of 5 sections in the examination with a total of 200 marks. The number of questions and the sections are mentioned .
- The first section will be environmental awareness 40 questions
- The second section will be quantitative and numerical ability of 40 questions
- Comprehension and verbal ability 40 questions long
- Reasoning and intelligence also contains 40 questions
- The last section is data analysis and interpretation that also has 40 questions. Making a total of 200 questions.
AMU Exam Preparation Tips
First of all the student must be aware of the syllabus. after being well acquainted with the syllabus the next step is getting all the materials which contain the syllabus. These examinations cannot be cracked by amount of practice but if you have had lot of practice during your previous years then one month of revision can definitely help you clear this exam. Prepare a good time table and strategies your studies with your time table in mind. go through the previous year question papers and take help from the reference books make yourself familiarise with the examination pattern. doing meditation and yoga will help you concentrate in your studies. Do well, all the best.