The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a 3 hours computer-based test convene in India. The (IIM) Indian Institute Of Management commence this exam and use this test for picking the students for their business administration programs. The test is organized every year by one of IIM’s based on their policy rules and regulations. The entrance test is conducted in 2 sections across 140 centers.
CAT 2019 Application Form:
The August is the fixed month for utilizing the application so that applying for CAT 2019 is much easier. It is too quick to inform about the date of the exams because it is almost seven months to summon the applications. Contenders requests to visit official website iimcat.ac.in in order to acquire and fill the form.
The application process comprises of 3 steps which are stated below:
- By providing basic details for registration to get aspirant’s user ID and Password.
- Fill CAT 2019 Application Form and upload the necessary pieces of information.
- Before finally submitting the online application for the Last and final step is payment of CAT application form.
CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Aspirants are strongly recommended to read the CAT eligibility criteria carefully before commencing the online registration form or procedure. In any means, if you’re not eligible then your candidate will be canceled by the authority at any point of time.
- Entrant should grasp a bachelor’s degree in any stream from an established university or institution.
- He/she is also only eligible is they are holding CA/CS/ICWA professional degrees.
- They can also apply who are in the final year of their under graduation program. Still, prior to admission, such aspirants will have to submit a certificate from their Dean of their University/institution (issued on or before the date as specified by the individual IIM) stating that they have accomplished all the requirements for receiving the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
There is no age bar for appearing in CAT Exam 2019
They should have at least 50% marks in General and 45% for SC/ST/PWD in the respective qualifying degree.
CAT 2019 Admit Card:
Who has successfully enrolled themselves for CAT 2019 those candidates will be capable to download their admit card. The admit card will most plausibly be accessible in the 3rd week of October 2019. The information of the exam center and certain basic details of candidates such as name, roll number, etc. will be printed on the admit card. The applicant must bring their respective admit card with them at the examination center. Admit card must be retained till the time of admission and counseling too, duly signed by the examination supervisor. It is mandatory for everyone without this document no one is allowed to enter the examination hall.
CAT 2019 Important Dates:
|Online Registration Starts From||1st Week of August 2019|
|Last Date of Online Registration||2nd Week of September 2019|
|Admit Card will Unveil on||Last Week of October 2019|
|Date Of Examination||Last Week Of November 2019|
|Announcement Of Results||2nd Week of January 2020|
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: Online (CBT)
- Type Of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- No of Questions: 100 questions will be asked
- Exam Duration: Duration of the exam will be 180 minutes
- Marking Scheme: Most important 3 marks per correct answer and 1 marks for deduction
CAT 2019 Result:
- The result will be announced through online on the official website of CAT.
- The result will be announced tentatively in January 2020
- Applicants should take a printout of their result for future purposes which is necessary.
CAT 2019 Syllabus:
CAT doesn’t have any set syllabus but we can determine the whole syllabus by deducting through previous years exam patterns. A multitude of topics is covered from 10+2 level. Essential topics that candidates should mainly focus on
Verbal and Reading comprehension: Antonyms&Synonyms, Sentence Correction, Facts, inferences, judgements, facts, fill-ups, verbal reasoning, summarize questions, passage-based questions, syllogism
Data Interpretation: Line and pie charts, columns and bar graphs, caselets and tables, area graph.
Logical Reasoning: Number and letter series, Clocks and calendar, directions, blood relations, logical sequence, matrix, and linear arrangement,
Quantitative Ability: Number system, Geometry, Algebra, Permutation and combinations, mixtures and allegations, Ration and Proportion, logarithm, time and work, functions, trigonometry, coordinate geometry, and mensuration.