CAT 2021: Notification, Registration, Exam Date, Pattern, Eligibility
- A good CAT score can help you to get admission in the premier MBA institutes like IIM, MDI, SP Jain, IMT etc. and once you pass out from these colleges, you can get an excellent salary package.
- CAT score gives you diversified career options. You can choose marketing, HR or Finance.
- If you are already employed, a good CAT score will help you to find better roles in your existing organisation. You can expect faster promotions and faster salary increments.
- If you want to set up your business venture in the future, then having a good CAT score and an MBA education will help you to gather knowledge of management and best practices.
- When you prepare for the exam, your analytical, and problem-solving skills improve, which will help you in your career path.
- During the preparatory phase, you meet many like-minded people who are MBA aspirants and who are future leaders. You get to brainstorm ideas, and you build better contacts.
- CAT exam is a tough nut to crack, and if you prepare well for the CAT exam, you can clear many other competitive exams quickly.
- CAT exam helps you to have a good command on many subjects which will help you in future.
CAT 2021 Important dates
|Issue of Notification||Last week of July 2020|
|Registration commences||1st Week of August 2020|
|Last Date for Registration||4th Week of September 2020|
|Image Correction Window||Last Week of September 2020|
|Mock Test will be available on||3rd Week of October 2020|
|Admit Card release date||4th Week Of October 2020|
|Examination Date||4th Week of November 2020|
|Answer key release date||1st Week of December 2020|
|Result Declaration||1st week of January 2021|
CAT 2021 registration and application process
- Visit the official website and begin your registration process. The CAT 2021 application is available online.
- Fill all your information correctly and then upload the scanned copy of your documents and your signature
- You should upload images with JPEG format
- If you belong to the SC/ST/PWD category, then you must have a valid proof for the same.
- You can choose the test cities and examination centre per your convenience.
- Pay the registration fee online and take a hard copy of the form for future reference.
CAT 2021 Registration fee
The registration fee depends on whether you belong to the general class or whether you are SC/ST or PWD. The registration fee is non-refundable. You can pay it online through debit Card/ Credit Card/ UPI and Net Banking.
|All candidates of general category||Rupees 1900|
CAT 2021 Exam pattern
|Exam mode||Computer based (Online)|
|Test Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Questions||100 in total|
|Nature of Questions||Subjective and Multiple|
|Scheme of marking||For correct attempt 3 marks
For wrong attempt 1 mark will be deducted as negative marking only for multiple based questions
|Papers and Subjects||Verbal ability and Reading comprehension (34 questions in total)
Quantitative ability (32 questions totally)
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (34 Questions)
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Qualifying Exam and marks: To appear for the CAT 20201 exam, you must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institute. If you belong to the general category, then you must have at least 50 per cent marks. If you are an SC/ST or PWD candidate, then you should have 45% marks at least. If you are in your final semester, then also you are eligible to appear in the examination.
- Age limit: there is no age limit for CAT examination
CAT 2021 Syllabus
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Data Interpretation – Data Sufficiency, Graph Combination, Bar Graph, Line graph, pie Chart, tables etc.|
|Logical Reasoning- Seating Arrangement, Statements, Puzzles, Binary Logic, Blood relations, Family Tree, preposition sets, Venn Diagrams, Syllogism etc.|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension-
|English Grammar –Fill in the blanks, Direct-Indirect, Active Passive, Verbal reasoning, Antonym, Synonym, Jumbled sentences etc.|
|Quantitative Ability||Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic, Number System, Simple Interest, trigonometry tec.|
Preparation Tips for CAT 2021
CAT exam is indeed a tough one, and preparation may require you to burn the midnight oil. Let’s look into some of the tips for cracking this difficult exam:
Prepare well: This is the most crucial step. You need to prepare well for cracking this challenging exam. It would help if you started preparing well in advance and must not leave things for the end moment.
Gather important details: You should be aware of the important dates like the date of exam, registration date, admit card release date etc. You should also know about the syllabus and exam pattern.
Take mock tests: You will find a lot of mock tests online. You must take the examination and try to get your maximum score. These mock tests are beneficial as they help you to know where you stand.
Know your strength and weakness: You must be aware of your strength and weakness. You might be naturally skilful for a subject and can be extremely weak in another. Keeping a balance is essential. If you get a 90 per cent score in 1 subject and get a 40 per cent score in another, then your overall score will decrease. Hence you should focus on your weakness and try to score the maximum.
Form study groups and join the online discussion forums: You can form a small study group with CAT aspirants and discuss the problems, challenges faced etc. When you study in a group, you will always have a competitive mind-set which will motivate you to do well all the time. There are several discussion forums available on the internet. You can refer them to getting essential tips and techniques.
Undeniably CAT is a difficult exam to crack, but if you have the right preparation and strategies, you can ace it easily. Cracking the CAT will open a plethora of opportunities for you and will help you to reach the pinnacle of success.