All the aspirants of decided to appear for the CAT examination in the year 2020 should know about it in detail. CAT is the Common Aptitude Test for getting admission in the top IIM and other MBA offering colleges in India. This entrance examinations conducted by the IIM. IIM refers to the Indian Institutes of Management the most sought after institutions in India for MBA courses. although the IIM conduct CAT examination the score a result of this examination are accepted by hundreds of management colleges all over India. This makes this examination very very important for anyone wants to get admitted into management colleges. Coming to CAT 2020 there is a lot of time for the preparation for this examination because the dates are yet to be announced and the syllabus is already published in the website of the IIM.
Every year the different IIM conduct the CAT examination, from 2013 to 2018 the CAT examination was conducted by IIM Indore, IIM Indore, IIM Ahmedabad ,IIM Bangalore, IIM Lucknow and IIM Calcutta respectively.
CAT Examination 2020 Exam Date
Any student was preparing for this examination would first of all want to know the date of the examination. Right now there is exactly no way to guess the exact date for the examination of CAT 2020. The IIM will announce the details schedule for the examination in July 2020. However, it can be easily set from the past experiences that the examination dates will most probably be in the month of November 20 20. And this examination is being held on a single day wherein aspirants have to attempt multiple sections and sessions.
|Starting of online application form submission for the Common Aptitude Test examination 2020||August 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form for this examination||Third week of September 2020|
|Last deadline to change the examination form errors||4 week of September 2020|
|Admit card availability||Last week of October 2020|
|Date of the graduate aptitude test for engineering 2020||End of November 20 20|
|Result declaration for CAT 2020||Mat January 2020|
CAT 2020 Application Form
CAT 2020 application form will be available from the second week of August. The candidates of the first register of the filling of the online application form. After registration they would be asked to fill in the detailed information regarding themselves, their education qualification and about their parents. The next step would be the uploading of the photographs signature and the left thumb impression. Then the application fee will have to be paid through online mode only by debit card credit card or netbanking.
CAT Examination Pattern 2020
- The CAT examination is a Computer Based examination for the candidates are assigned the particular PC at the examination centre. And then the examination starts through online mode only.
- There will be three sections in the whole examination.
|Section||Number of question|
|Verbal ability and comprehension reading||34|
|Logical reasoning and data interpretation||32|
- Each section will have the particular number of questions as mentioned in the table above.
- each section of a particular number of MCQ questions and non MCQ questions, from past experience it is not that there will be 24 to 25 multiple choice questions and 7 to 8 multiple choice questions
- Each correct answer is your positive three marks and each negative answer is a negative of one mark variety and attempted answer give you zero.
- There are a total of 100 questions and the maximum marks will be 300
CAT Examination Syllabus 2020
There is no particular syllabus mentioned by the IIM but our experts have identified few important topics from the past few years papers and those topics are mentioned below.
Verbal analysis and comprehension reading
- Antonyms and synonyms
- Contextual usage
- Different uses of the same word, homonyms, homophones and homography.
- Foreign language words used in English
- Para jumbles
- English grammar
- Fill in the blanks
- Verbal reasoning
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence completion
- Verbal logic
Logical reasoning and data interpretation
- Blood relations
- Clocks and calendar
- Coding and decoding
- Data structures
- Sense of direction
- Boolean Algebra
- Binary logic
- Linear and circular seating arrangements
- Series arithmetic series harmonic series and geometric series
- Sets and relations
- Venn diagram
- Pie chart
- Line graphs
- Data sufficiency
CAT Admit Card 2020
The admit card for this examination is going to be released on the last week of October 2020. The aspirants are required to carry the admit card to the examination centre without fail as they would be depart from the examination without an admit card. The aspirants also have to carry passport size photographs and address proof to the examination centre along with the admit card.
CAT Examination Result declaration
The results of this examination every year are declared in the mid of January so the results for the CAT examination 2020 will also be declared in the month of January 2020. To download the results the students required to mention their registration number of the roll number according to the norms of the IIM along with the date of birth. According to the recent trends it is known that for getting admissions in the IIM an aspirant has to get at least 99 percentile. And approximately every year the highest percentile goes to 99.9 to 100.
CAT 2020 Examination Preparation
If you aim to get qualified in the CAT examination 2020 you need to bring focus to your studies very early if you have not begin your preparation already done it is the perfect time to begin your preparations and regard to the syllabus that are required on the type of sentences for admissions in the top IIM. Hard work and perseverance can drastic changes to your results. Some of the tips from our experts are mentioned below.
- First of all you need to be thorough with the syllabus of the examination which you are going to be a part of.
- next you have to get some material for the examination from where you will know the theory and practice problems
- You have to make a schedule out of your daily activities for practicing the problems that are common in this examination and you have to dedicate at least three to four hours daily.
- you have to join some coaching institute of you are not able to solve the problems that arise in the examinations.
- You have to join mock test for a better practice and getting better environment in the examination.
- calculator is not allowed in the cat examinations you you have to practice first calculations.
- The examination pattern changes every year so no need to worry about it you just that focus on studies and the syllabus which is in common in the previous years.
Practice previous year test papers
Practicing the sums in the prescribed books is as important as solving previous year question papers that help us know the level of questions being asked and the amount of time we require to solve them. This practice of solving previous year test papers give us the correct position of ourselves where we stand, and we can judge the result before even giving the test by such practice.
Giving mock test
Mock test help us get the knowledge of practice that we are currently doing and the amount of hard work we need to put in. Whether there is a need to change the time table or it’s perfect all these things are decided by giving mock test. Mock test help our preparation lead in a forward direction in a positive manner.