CDS is popularly organized by UPSC two times in a year to choose officers for INDIAN ARMY, INDIAN NAVY, INDIAN AIR FORCE jobs. When the applicants get selected they go for the training at IMA, INA, AFA and OTA centers. The examination contains two papers which are mutual to all the centre of learning which is mentioned above. Therefore, to get nominated for IMA, INA, and AFA you must apply in and clear the third examination which is Mathematics. General Knowledge and English are the first two papers. To get more details about these examinations or want to apply also you can visit UPSC website and look for the notification in the examination column. After a difficult and harsh training for about one and a half years, those Nobleman Cadets get the authorization as commissioned officers – Lieutenant (Army), Sub Lieutenant (Navy) & Flying Officer (Air Force) individually.
Eligibility Criteria of CDS Exam 2019:
For recruitment, aspirants who are applying for this examination must notice that they meet all the eligibility requirements for this examination. All the requirements are stated below:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates (boy or girl) should be unmarried.
- On critical date candidate’s age must be within 20 to 24 years for IMA (Indian Military Academy), INA (Indian Naval Academy) and AFA (Airforce Academy). In the case of officer training academy candidate age should exceed than 25 years.
- An aspirant must hold a graduation degree from a recognized university/institute for IMA, INA, and OTA.
- In most of the case of AFA, the candidates must grasp a Bachelor degree in engineering from a renowned academy with Physics and Mathematics subjects at 10+2 level.
- Apart from these criteria, one should mentally and physically fit.
Application Form Of CDS EXAM
As per the criteria mentioned above, those candidates who are eligible should apply online. It will be available on their official site of UPSC. As per the given schedule, interested candidates can apply. Only one application will be submitted by the candidate at a point of time. Always be careful while filling up the form. Then the contenders need to upload the scanned images and signatures at the space given. Just revise it carefully before submitting because after submission you’re not allowed to make any alterations. In the end, you need to pay the requisite application fee.
CDS 2019 Exam Pattern:
This is the most significant part of this whole thing. Deprived of knowing any details about the paper you can’t figure the type of questions which is normally asked, marking scheme, question paper difficulty level etc. Just read it out before attempting the exam.
- First of all, the CDS exam is a pen and paper mode exam no online exam will be there.
- The nature of question which will be asked is on multiple choice based.
- The question paper will be comprised of both English and Hindi questions.
- Paper will be based on General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics, and English questions.
- Above all, there will be negative marking for every wrong question. Consequently, 1/3rd of the marks will be cut down for the wrong answer.
At their official website, UPSC will publish the syllabus for the exam. You can get through CDS 2019 notification. Aspirants who are giving the exam can download the information brochure from the website. This syllabus is comprised of various subjects like General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics and English.
Important Dates for CDS Exam 2019
|Dates for CDS-1||Date for CDS-2|
|The official Information brochure will be||31st October 2018||12th June 2019|
|Submission start for online application||31st October 2018||12th June 2019|
|Last date for application form||26th November 2018||8th July 2019|
|Admit card will be available on||January 2019||October 2019|
|Exam Date||3rd February 2019||8th September 2019|
|The result will be declared on||May 2019||will be notified later|
Selection Process for CDS Exam:
- The whole process of selection includes written exam marks, how they’ll perform in Interview, and medical fitness test.
- First of all, contenders will be selected on the base of written examination score.
- Then they will face SSB or Interview when their names will be put on the merit list.
- If they qualify this step, then the candidate will go through the medical examination and fitness test.
- Documents will be verified at the end of this process.