CDS is the combined defence services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission UPSC under the constitution of India in which the students eligible for Indian Military Academy, National Defence Academy, Air Force Academy, officers training academy and Naval Academy are selected.
It is one of the most competitive exams of India which recruits the people into the national service for serving the nation. The number of vacancies not yet been updated by the officials. Only unmarried man and unmarried women allowed to give this examination with some other eligibility criteria. Does conducted twice every year in the month of February and November.
CDS 2020 Important Dates for CDS 1
|Release of the UPSC CDS examination notifications 2020||November 2019 2nd week|
|Start date of UPSC CDS 2020 registration and form filling||November 2019 3rd week|
|Last date of UPSC CDS 2020 registration||December 2019 past week|
|Admit card release date of UPSC CDS 2020||January 2020 third week|
|Examination date for the UPSC CDS examination||February 2020 first week|
|Result declaration of UPSC CDS examination 2020||May 2020|
CDS 2020 Important Dates for CDS 2
|Release of the UPSC CDS examination notifications 2020||August 2020 second week|
|Start date of UPSC CDS 2020 registration and form filling||August 2020 third week|
|Last date of UPSC CDS 2020 registration||September 2028 second week|
|Admit card release date of UPSC CDS 2020||October 2020 last week|
|Examination date for the UPSC CDS examination||November 3rd week|
|Result declaration of UPSC CDS examination 2020||December 2020|
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Other national factors also are included
- Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for CDS
- Candidate must undertake not to marry until they finish their complete training
- Candidates must have gone between 1st January 1997 to 1st January 2002 for CDS 1
- Candidate must have to be born between 1st July 1997 to 1st July 2002 for CDS 2
- Candidate should have passed the graduation or have appeared in the same examination with Physics and Mathematics as the predominant subjects.
- Qualified the intermediate or equivalent examination from any recognised board
- candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for the same
Application form for CDS 2020
The steps for filling the online application form are mentioned below :
First of all the applicant is required to fill out the registration form providing the email address phone number and other required details and after registration the student will get the option to fill out the application form. In the application form the Student will have to fill the specific details regarding his education, family, family income reservation category, etc. the next episode of loading of photographs of the student and his parents respectively, the final step is the payment of the application fee which is equal to rupees 200.
The SC / ST and women will be exempted from payment of any fee. the pay in slip can be generated online during registration and fee can be paid in cash at any branch of SBI. payment of we can also be done using net banking / debit card cash credit card / offline using pay in slip.
CDS Admit Card 2020
The admit card for the CDSs examination 2020 releasing one to two weeks prior to the examination. the applicants can download the admit card from the official website of UPSC.
CDS Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for CDS 2020 will be based on the general pattern. The topics are mentioned briefly below
General mathematics, general knowledge and English. Each Section will be of 2 hours and the maximum marks for each section will be 100.
Candidates have to be physically fit as per the physical standards notified by the officials of the four mentioned examination. The candidates will not be eligible to apply who have resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary ground from any training academy or armed forces.
The candidates shortlisted on basis of written examination will be invited for SSB interview.
SSB interview will be conducted for 5 days where the students are eliminated everyday and the eliminated students are really eliminated that is they are no longer a part of the rank holders they will have to for the return the the respective home.
Candidates the successfully qualify the SSB round bill for the record for medical test and document verification procedure.
CDS 2020 Examination Pattern
- There will be objective type of questions asked in the examination
- The examination of a conducted in pen and paper page not only
- The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern
- Two hours will be given for each code that is code 1 mathematics and code 2 general ability test and 3rd paper is the English-language test.
- Candidates will use black ball point pen to mark their answers.
- Ink pens are pencils are not allowed.
- The medium of the examination will be set to bilingually English and Hindi
- 0.33 marks will be deducted for each negative answer and plus one mark will be awarded for a positive answer.
- the candidates will be shortlisted for the personality and intelligence interview on the basis of prepared merit list on the return examination
- the successful candidates will be intimated regarding the location of selection centres and the dates of SSB interviews on the email ids
- On the first stage of SSB the officer intelligence rating OIR will be conducted
- On the second stage the interview of group testing officer task psychology testing and conference will be conducted
- after all rounds the final selected candidates will be informed for the selection on the spot
- after the completion of interview round the candidates have to submit the original certificates.
CDS 2020 Results
The results of the written examination will be check through online mode. The result will be published in the PDF format. After the completion of the examination result will be announced in a month. the result will contain the wrong number in the qualified candidates of CDS written examination.