GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering) is an online examination organize across the country to assess the candidates in numerous undergraduate subjects of Engineering, Technology or Architecture, and postgraduate subjects of Science. This exam is an entrance for the students to sheltered admission in postgraduate programs like M.Tech, M.E, M.S, direct Ph.D. and many more in higher education administrations that are centrally supported.
GATE 2019 Registration:
Aspirants should read this part to know how to finish the GATE application form 2019:
- Applicants can be listing & fill up the application form only through online mode on the certified website.
- GATE 2019 application form has been started from 1st September 2018 to 1st October 2018.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned images such as the photograph (Maximum Size: 480×640 pixels) and signature (Maximum Size: 160×560). Candidates also have to upload their certificate of succeeding degree, category certificate if applicable.
- At the time of GATE registration 2019, candidates can choose three exam cities as examination centers.
- Candidates also have to fill ID number specified in any of the following, i.e. Aadhaar, College ID, Driving License, Employee ID, Passport, PAN Card & Voter ID.
- Any changes after the submission of application form are not permitted.
- There is no need to send any hard copy of application/documents to the officials.
- Aspirants should take a hard copy of GATE submission form 2019 for future and further references.
GATE Eligibility Criteria:
Before filling the application the candidates must ensure that they meet all the eligibility standards. Check its criteria:
- Indian and External National Entrants are entitled to apply.
- There are no age limit standards to apply.
- The candidates should put in their mind that while applying they should be currently in the final year or already completed in whichever graduation course they are pursuing.
GATE Exam Pattern:
The Complete information about exam pattern of 2019 is mentioned below:
- Papers: This Examination will be conducted for 24 subjects/ papers.
- Exam Mode: It will be organized in an online mode i.e. computer-based test)
- Types of Questions: In this popular examinations, MCQ and numerical types of question will be asked.
- Attempt: Contenders can only appear once in any paper of GATE Examination.
- Sessions: Examination will be held in two sittings, i.e. from (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) and at afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- The validity of Score Card: GATE 2019 mark card will be legally accepted for three years from the date of announcement of result.
- Duration: Exam time of period will be of three hours.
- Number of Questions: Entire number of 65 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The query paper consists of 100 grades.
GATE 2019 IMPORTANT DATES:
|Start Date of GATE Online Registration||31 August 2018|
|Last Date of Gate Application Form||23 September 2018|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of Online Registration||01 October 2018|
|Last Date of Requesting Change of Exam City||16 October 2018|
|GATE Admit Card Download Date||04 January 2019|
|GATE Exam Dates||02 February 2019 to 10 February 2019|
|GATE Response Sheet||February 2019|
|GATE Result Date||16 March 2019|
GATE Syllabus for General Ability:
General Aptitude is a mutual section in all GATE Examination Papers. General Aptitude grasps almost 15% weightage. The questions in this are based on spoken skill and mathematical ability. The 2 subdivisions in this section are as follows:
Verbal Ability- The following topics are tested in this section:
- English Grammar
- Sentence Completion
- Verbal Analogies
- Word Groups
- Critical Reasoning
- Verbal Deduction
Numerical Ability- This section comprises of questions which test the basic mathematical skills of candidates. The following subtopics included in this section are:
- Numerical computation
- Numerical Estimation
- Numerical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
There are other syllabus according to the branch-wise:
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Engineering &Management
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Rock Engineering & Underground Structure
- Design of Mechanical Equipment or Machine Design
- Thermal Engineering
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Material Science & management
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- VLSI Design Tool Technology
- Integrated Electronics & Circuits
- Micro Electronics
- Microwave Engineering
- Communication Engg.
- Telecommunication Technology & Management
- Optoelectronics & Optical Communication
- Digital Signal Processing
- Control & Automation
- Power Electronics
- Machines & Drives
- Power Systems
- Control & Automation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Instrumentation Technology
Computer Science and Engineering & Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- Distributed Computing
- Image Processing
- Computer Systems and Hardware
- Database and Information Systems
- Programming languages
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Computing