The GATE employees graduate aptitude test in engineering. The graduate aptitude test in engineering 2020 is one of the premier examinations that is to be conducted for the engineers for admissions in masters degree or for getting a job in the PSUs. This is the most sought after examinations for the engineers which almost every engineer appears during his fourth year and so on up till his selection of he desires it. Thisis examination has become a basis for recruitment among the various private and government sector companies. this examination for the year 2020 will be conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Sciences Bangalore and the seven IIT namely IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, and IIT Madras.
The application for the graduate aptitude test for engineering 2020 will be available from the month of September and the application will be filled in the online mode only. This article provides the detailed information regarding the GATE 2020 exam the important dates, eligibility criteria, examination pattern and syllabus.
GATE 2020 Important Dates
The tentative dates for this examination are mentioned below however there might be certain changes which will be updated as the examination date closes.
|Starting of online application form submission for the graduate Aptitude Test examination 2020||September first week 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form for this examination||October first week 2019|
|Last deadline to change the examination City that is the centre of the examination||November second week 2019|
|Admit card availability||January first week 2020|
|Date of the graduate aptitude test for engineering 2020||First to second week of February 2020|
|Result declaration for GATE 2020||March 3rd week 2020|
Examination pattern for GATE 2020
The details about this examination are mentioned below
- the number of papers are most probably 23 but are different for different disciplines of Engineering
- The mode of examination is only online mode
- The types of questions are objective multiple choice and numerical based questions
- Maximum marks is 100
- The number of questions is 65
- There will be 1 marks per question in general and for some questions there will be two marks for question with the negative marking of one third of the total marks awarded for a correct answer
- Duration of examination will be 3 hours
There will be different marks distribution according to the different syllabus for each discipline of Engineering course whatver you are currently pursuing.
The marks distribution for engineering mathematics is 15% for general awareness and aptitude is 15% and for the main paper of the examination is 70% for almost all disciplines of Engineering courses.
Gate 2020 syllabus
As we all know that the GATE examination 2020 will have 23 papers in total so different papers there will be different syllabus which is not possible to mention in a blog like this but of course the general aptitude has the common syllabus which is mentioned below.
- Verbal ability includes sentence completion , English grammar verbal analogies, instructions, word groups, verbal deductions and critical reasoning
- numerical ability includes numerical estimations, numerical computation , numerical reasoning and data interpretation.
GATE 2020 Preparation
as we know that the examination for the gate 2020 is going to be held the next year show the candidates have ample time for the preparation have some tips that might be used for the students to score good.
- The candidates are required to make short notes that includes all the formulae of important topics, which will help them to revise the subjects quickly before the examination and the formula will always help them whenever they solve the problems and remind them what they like in the preparations
- the candidates are requested to solve the mock test papers and analyse their mistakes and try not to repeat them in the next mock paper and try and improve their marks they are also required to compete with other online candidates as that appeared in the online mode only.
- The students are required to focus on the main subject paper as well as the general aptitude section which is equally important and might lead to disastrous decrement in the rank.
- Thestudents are required to increase their speed for solving problems because speed is the key factor for getting good marks and a good rank in the high competition among the gate attempters.
- And lastly the candidates are required to stay confident and healthy make sure that they sleep well and eat healthy during the course of the preparation.
Gate 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- There is no age limit for the gate attempters.
- the applicant with masters degree and Sciences with relevant subjects can also apply to the GATE examination 2020.
- the candidates must be in the final year or masterpass the bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology.
- All Indian candidates along with the candidates from Bangladesh Nepal Sri Lanka utopia Singapore and u a e are eligible to apply for the gate 2020
Gate 2020 Application Form
The application form for the GATE examination will be made available through online mode only the candidates are required to fill out the application form providing the necessary details education qualification personal contact details and the details of the parents the reservation category and all the other examination regarding details. The next step will be the photograph uploading step to add a student has to upload is passport size photograph the category certificate if applicable and they certificate of qualifying examination.
The examination fee for GATE 2020 is Rupees 1500 for every category there is no reservation on any category in terms of the fee payable for giving examination. The examination fees to be paid by online mode only there will be no offline mode payment of the examination fee.
Gate 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for GATE 2020 examination will be provided on the official site for the GATE examination. The candidates are required to carry their admit card to the examination centre along with photograph and and original copy of the address proof.
Gate 2020 Results
The result of the graduate aptitude test for engineering will expectedly be declared on the 3rd week of March 2020 the candidates are required to check the official website only. The result of the GATE examination will be valid for three years for getting admissions to the master’s degree or for appearing in the recruitment examination of the various public sector job providers.