NDA stands for National Defence Academy. It is one of the first militaries where the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force cadets are trained together. The National Defence Academy is one of the top institution and symbol of global superiority in the domain of military education. Over the years it has appeared as an exceptional military academy, enticing the best of youth from our nation and also from welcoming foreign countries and transforming them into officers and gentlemen. NDA 2019 Exam will be held two times in a year through offline mode (written test). NDA (II) has been lead on September 9, 2018. The exam entail of 2 sections- Mathematics and General Ability Test. The total duration of NDA II 2018 was 5 hours combined for both sections.
Those candidates who will clear the NDA written they will be call for NDA SSB Interview for the final selection. UPSC sets the cutoff score to prepare the merit list of applicants who are called for the five-day selection process.
But to get into this field you have to clear all the examinations and interviews for that part you must learn the syllabus and exam pattern which will make it easier to crack this exam.
Examination pattern for NDA I & II
- The NDA exam will be scheduled through offline mode.
- The NDA exam will have 2 papers- Mathematics and General Ability.
- The candidates will get 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the NDA question paper having MCQ questions.
- There will be a penalty of 1/3rd marks for each incorrect answer.
- The successful candidates of written exam will be allowed to attend SSB Interview round.
- The medium of the question paper will be both English and Hindi except English section with a total of 900 exams
- Out of 270 questions, 120 questions are from Mathematics and 150 questions will be asked from general ability.
- The whole syllabus is covered under CBSE 10+2 standards.
NDA Exam Pattern Highlights
- Exam mode and medium of conduct: Pen paper based in both the languages.
- Total sections: There is a total of 2 sections.
- Type of Question Paper: MCQ type of questions will be there on paper.
- The total number of questions: 270 Questions will be there (120 from Mathematics and 150 from General Ability).
- The time duration of the exam: 2.30 hrs for each section
- Total Marks: In math section 300 GAT and 600 in (English -200 and General Knowledge part carries- 400 marks)
NDA Exam Pattern for both Mathematics and General Ability Test
|Subject||Total no of questions||Duration of Exams||Maximum Marks|
|General Ability Test||150||2.5 Hours||600|
The syllabus of NDA 2018 has been separated into two parts namely Mathematics and General Ability Test. The General Ability Test will comprise questions from various topics such as General Knowledge (GK), English, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, General Science and Current Events.
Maximum of the questions asked in NDA exam will come from CBSE 10+2 level, specifically in Mathematics. For preparing General Ability test section applicants should read a newspaper on daily basis.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Related Topics|
|Mathematics||120||Trigonometry, Algebra, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Statistics, vector algebra, Probability, Logarithms and their functions.|
|In English||50||question will be asked from these topics Grammar and usage, Vocabulary, Comprehension, and cohesion|
|General Knowledge||100||Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Geography,Current Events|