SSC CHSL or Staff Selection Commission – Combined Higher secondary level is an entrance exam which will help you to get jobs in various government t sectors. You can get jobs as Lower Divisional Clerk, Portal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, Junior Secretariat assistant. For clearing this examination you need to clear tier I which is an online test, Tier ii which is an online test and Tier iii which is a computer-based test. Government jobs are always better than private jobs. In this scenario, where massive layoffs and salary cuts are common in the private sectors, government sector jobs will offer more stability and will secure your future. Hence if you are aspiring for a government job, it would be a prudent idea to prepare for the SSC CHSL. In the below article we will obtain some important insights on this government exam.
SSC CHSL 2021 Important dates and Exam dates
|The online application form will be available on||3rd week of November 2020|
|Last date for application||3rd week of December 2020|
|Tier I admit card release date||4th week of February 2021|
|Tier I Exam date||March|
|Announcement of Tier I result||Yet to be notified|
|Issue of tier II admit card||Yet to be notified|
|Exam date for Tier II||Yet to be notified|
|Skill Test date||Yet to be notified|
SSC CHSL 2021 Application form
The SSC CHSL application form can be submitted both online and offline. The complete applications can be sent to the regional director of SSC. The application form can be downloaded online. Follow the steps given below for the complete application process:
Step 1: Go to the official website of ssconline.nic.in
Step 2: Mention relevant details like your name, address, phone number etc. in the registration form.
Step 3: Upload scanned copy of your signature and photograph when prompted
Step 4: Pay the fees online and submit the application form online and a registration id will be generated.
Step 5: Candidate needs to keep the registration id and password for future reference
Step 6: Take a print out of the application form once the application process is completed.
SSC CHSL 2021 Application Fee
|General/ OBC Candidate||100|
|SC/ST/ Ex Service men category||0|
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Pattern
|Pattern||Tier I –written exam objective
Tier II –written exam subjective
Tier III- computer test (English/Hindi typing minimum 30 wpm)
|Subjects||General Intelligence; English Language; Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness
For Tier III additionally computer knowledge and typing speed is required
|Questions and marks||200 questions (50 x 4) containing 200 marks|
|Negative marking||0.25 Negative Mark for each wrong answer.|
|Duration||Two Hours (120 Minutes).|
SSC CHSL 2021 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning:||The questions about verbal and non-verbal types. This includes questions on the analogy; analysis of spatial orientation; visualization of space; judgment; solving problems; similarities and differences; decision makings; discriminations; observations; relationships concept; arithmetical reasoning; visuals memory, arithmetic with numbers series; and figural classifications; etc.|
|English-Language||Fill in Blanks; Spotting Error; Homonym/ Synonym; Antonym; Spelling; detection of miss-spelled words; One-word substitution; Idioms and Phrases; Active/Passive Voice of Verb; Improvements of Sentence; Conversions into Indirect-direct narrations; etc.|
|Numerical Aptitudes||Question will require tests Ability of appropriate uses of number; number senses of Candidates. Computations of whole number; decimals; fractions; Profits and Losses; Square roots; Percentages, Partnerships Ratios and Proportions; Average; Interests; Discounts; Mixtures and Allegation; Times and distances; Businesses; Times and Works etc.|
|General Awareness||Questions aimed to test the candidate’s awareness of general environments; and its applications for the society. Also; it tests the knowledge of current events. The tests include questions that are related to India and its neighbouring countries – History; General Policy Geography; Culture; Economic Scene; and Scientific Research.|
SSC CHSL 2021 Admit Card
The SSC CHSL admit card can be downloaded online. Ideally, the student can download the admit card two weeks before the examination. The admit card for the first and second stage can be issued separately
Follow the below preparation tips for cracking the SSC CHSL examination:
- Before starting the preparation process, you must know all the details regarding the examination. You should know all the important dates. If required you can mark your calendar. This article will give you all the information related to the exam
- Start an early preparation and don’t leave things for the end moment
- You need to build a good plan and build a good strategy. Planning will motivate you to prepare well. Also, stick to your plan and finish your tasks in time without procrastination
- Stay healthy and don’t stress. You can practice yoga for twenty-thirty minutes every day to have sound health and mind. You can also practice breathing exercises to keep yourself stress-free. Yoga also helps you concentrate more. This will help you to prepare well in the examination
- Invest in some good books. You can find the names of the good books on the internet
- You can join a coaching institute who will help you with the tips and techniques. You can do self-study as well but you need to stay focussed
- You can consider joining the online forums for additional tips and techniques from the toppers
- You can also form small groups and study with your friends but you must not waste a lot of time chatting on other things.
- You must check the previous years’ question banks. You should attempt the mock tests and try-scoring the maximum. If you understand the exam trends then it will be helpful to build your strategies.
Once you crack the SSC CHSL examination, you can join in the post of stenographer, lower division clerk, data entry operator etc. The starting salary may not be so lucrative but you will get increments and promotions later. By joining a government job you can enjoy other benefits like provident fund, gratuity, health insurance etc. Additionally, you will get life-long job security. Hence preparing for the SSC CHSL examination can be a wise decision. Follow the tips and details given above to clear this examination with flying colours.