TNEA stands for the Tamil Nadu engineering admissions that will be conducted for the admissions in the Anna University. TNEA 2020 admissions will be done for granting admissions in the various institutes of Anna University, Government and government aided engineering colleges and for the sea surrounded by self financing engineering colleges across the states of Tamilnadu. This examination offers the admissions to the various engineering courses . All The Eligible and interested candidates can register Tnea 2020 admissions by filling up the application form does the last date of submission of application form.
TNEA Examination Dates 2020
|Release of the TNEA examination notifications 2020||The last week of April 2020|
|Start date of TNEA 2020 registration and form filling||First week of May 2020|
|Last date of TNEA 2020 registration||First week of June 2020|
|Certificate verification at TFC starting date||Second week of June 2020|
|Start date of online choice filling and confirmation||June 2020 first week|
Application form for TNEA 2020
The application form for TNEA 2020 will be available online from April 2020 and the last date for the submission will be approximately till May first week for the examination.
The steps for filling the online application form are mentioned below :
First of all the applicant is required to fill out the registration form providing the email address phone number and other required details and after registration the student will get the option to fill out the application form. In the application form the Student will have to fill the specific details regarding his education, family, family income reservation category, etc. the next episode of loading of photographs of the student and his parents respectively, the final step is the payment of the application fee which is equal to rupees 500.
eligible and interested candidates can register by filling the application form until the last date. The details which have been filed by the candidate should be valid and correct the Tamil Nadu engineering admission facilitation centres will be established for the selected cities where in the documentation and the other details will be checked in regarding to the application form.
After the successful registration procedure, the candidates will get the password and login ID for their further login. All the aspirants need to remember the user id and password to login into their account later.
TNEA Vocational Courses for B.tech
- Electrical machines and appliances
- Electronic equipment
- Draughtsman civil
- Auto mechanic
- Textile technology
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For each and every candidate it is necessary to fulfill all the eligibility criteria mentioned below
- Students who have passed the standard 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 from any school situated in Tamilnadu are eligible to apply for this examination
- Students having the citizen of Tamilnadu class 8,IX, X and XI and XII standard from outside the Tamilnadu can also apply for the students need to show the valid birth certificate only in electronic form that is digitally signed e certificate at time of certificate verification.
- The children of the government recognised Institution of public sector can also apply for this admission examination if the parents of the child are continuously employed in the state of Tamil Nadu for 5 years or more.
- The students who have passed the intermediate should score the minimum aggregate criteria mentioned below
- General category in physics chemistry and maths, the minimum aggregate percentage is 50%, backward class including backward class Muslims with physics chemistry and mathematics must have an aggregate percentage of 45 percent. MBC and DNC with Mathematics Physics and Chemistry is 40% marks to get admissions to the colleges. For the SC / SCA/ ST with physics chemistry and mathematics aggregate percentage is 40%.
- Students who have passed in any of the higher secondary examination with vocational subject School scored minimum aggregate criteria and one of the engineering subject that is physics chemistry and maths.
- For the general category candidate it is 50% theory and practical put together. Backward class including backward class Muslims is equal to 45%.
How to Register
firstly the candidates of a visit official website of Tamil Nadu engineering admissions 2020. Then the candidates have to click the link of the TNEA 2020 application form is mentioned. Then the application form page will open and the candidate will have to fill the required details. Then the candidate to submit button. Free payment page open then the students up to pay the fee using the debit card / netbanking.
Merit list Preparation
The merit list for this admission examination will be prepared by the marks scored by the respective students in their respective Board examinations in the physics chemistry and mathematics subjects. The equivalent marks will be reduced 100 for Mathematics, 50 for physics, 50 for chemistry.
The merit list will get released official website of the Tamil Nadu engineering admissions and if the candidate will have any queries related to the admissions and the merit list preparation must contact the office of the secretary of the Anna University Chennai.
The allocation will be based on the rules laid on by the government of Tamilnadu and the officials of the Anna University.
The distribution of seats will be as per the below mentioned seat distribution table.
- For general general category 31 percentage of seats are reserved
- For backward class 26. 50 percentage of seats are reserved
- For backward Muslim category 3.50 percentage of seats are reserved
- For most backward class and denotified community is 20% of the seats are reserved
- For schedule caste 15% of the seats are reserved
- For schedule caste arunthathiyar 3% of the seats are reserved
- For schedule tribe one percentage of seats are reserved
- This brings down the total 100% of seats.
Results of TNEA 2020
THE RESULT OF THIS ADMISSION COUNSELLING TEST , will be published on the official website before which the respective cutoffs will be published for the individual colleges which the student has to report to by the given date and get the documents verified and the seat allotted. the seat allotment fee for general category student is rupees 5000 whereas for other backward categories is equal to rupees 1000.